- Due Diligence
- IP for Start-Up & Early Stage Companies
- Patent Prosecution
- Strategic Counselling, Opinions, & Intellectual Property Portfolio Management
Christine Wong is a partner and patent agent at Ridout & Maybee LLP in the firm’s Toronto office. She works with clients ranging in size from start-ups to multi-nationals, to help them plan out their IP needs and obtain patent protection.
She has prepared and prosecuted patent applications for the Canadian and U.S. patent offices, and has managed the prosecution of patent applications in Europe, China, Korea and Japan, among other jurisdictions. As such, she is able to help her clients to build their global IP portfolio.
She has experience in the areas of medical devices, electrical and biomedical engineering, photonic devices, telecommunications and artificial intelligence. She has spent many years navigating the changing landscape of software and computer-related patents.
In a previous role as an engineer, Christine worked in the research and development of electrosurgical medical devices, including catheters and guidewires. She has also conducted research related to fMRI and MRI at Sunnybrook and Women’s College Health Sciences Centre.
Away from work, Christine spends her time maintaining the peace between two young children. Any spare time remaining is spent reading and gaming.
- B.Sc. (Biomedical Engineering), University of Toronto (2002)
- M.Sc. (Biomechanics), University of Michigan (2003)
- Registered Patent Agent, Canada (2007)
- Registered Patent Agent, United States (2008)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada – IPIC