Sherif Abdel-kader is a patent agent at Ridout & Maybee LLP in the firm’s Toronto office. His practice is principally directed towards the preparation and prosecution of patent application with an emphasis on wireless communication systems, industrial automation, biomedical systems, and computer network security. Sherif also conducts patentability searches, and validity and infringement analysis.
Prior to joining Ridout and Maybee LLP, Sherif spent 4 years preparing and prosecuting patent applications, conducting patent due diligence, and providing patent litigation support at a leading Bay street firm.
In addition to 15 years' experience in software, embedded systems and wireless protocol development, Sherif’s experience includes five years in patent portfolio management and development with a leading smartphone manufacturer.
An inventor himself, Sherif has registered more than 35 patents in the U.S., Canada and other jurisdictions. Having been an inventor, then an in-house patent professional, Sherif knows how to obtain effective patent protection for clients.
- B.Sc.(Electrical Engineering), Cairo University (1992)
- M.A.Sc. (Computer Engineering), University of Waterloo (2000)
- Registered Patent Agent, Canada (2019)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada – IPIC (Associate)
- IPIC Patent Agent Training Committee
- Toronto Intellectual Property Group - TIPG
- Kitchener-Waterloo Intellectual Property Group - KWIPG