- Due Diligence
- IP for Start-Up & Early Stage Companies
- Patent Prosecution
- Strategic Counselling, Opinions, & Intellectual Property Portfolio Management
Bobby Leung is an associate at Ridout and Maybee LLP in the firm’s Toronto office. His practice is directed towards the creation, acquisition, protection, and exploitation of intellectual property rights, in Canada, the United States, and around the world.
Bobby’s intellectual property practice includes preparing patent applications, providing legal opinions, and directing patent prosecution in a wide variety of fields, including nuclear energy, manufacturing, oil and gas, medical devices, and mechanical devices.
Through his industry experience, Bobby delivers practical and strategic advice coupled with technical expertise. Bobby completed a secondment with the legal team of a global pharmaceutical company, where he gained valuable insight working on a variety of commercial, regulatory and intellectual property matters. While pursuing his law degree, Bobby also gained experience with contract arbitration while working at a major professional sport league’s players’ association.
Prior to commencing a legal career, Bobby graduated with a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering. While pursuing his engineering degree, Bobby gained experience working at a plastics moulding company, a Canadian national energy company, and a hospital in downtown Toronto.
- B.A.Sc. (Honours, Mechanical Engineering), University of Waterloo (2011)
- J.D., University of Toronto (2014)
- Barrister and Solicitor, Province of Ontario (2015)
- Registered Patent Agent, Canada (2017)
- Registered Patent Agent, United States (2017)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (Patent Practice Committee) – IPIC
- Toronto Intellectual Property Group – TIPG
- Law Society of Ontario (formerly Law Society of Upper Canada) – LSO
- Canadian Bar Association – CBA
- Ontario Bar Association – OBA