Abbas Kassam is an associate at Ridout & Maybee LLP in the firm’s Toronto office. His practice is directed towards litigation of intellectual property disputes.
Abbas has diverse litigation experience in both the federal and provincial jurisdictions. He has acted as co-counsel on trials assessing damages arising from intellectual property disputes before the Federal Court. He looks for innovative and efficient solutions for clients to meet their litigation needs.
Abbas previously served as a judicial law clerk to the Honourable Justice Russel Zinn of the Federal Court. Outside of the office, he sits on the board of directors of a youth homeless shelter and is a senior fellow at Ryerson University’s Centre for Free Expression.
In his spare time, Abbas enjoys travelling where he hones his cross-examination skills on local tour guides.
- B.Sc. (Biological Chemistry), University of Toronto (2008)
- J.D., University of Toronto (2013)
- Barrister & Solicitor, Province of Ontario (2014)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada – IPIC
- Litigation Committee (Member)
- Ontario Bar Association – OBA