Roland Joachim is a partner of Ridout & Maybee LLP in the firm’s Toronto office. His practice is focused on patents with particular emphasis on chemical and mechanical inventions.
Roland’s work has involved inventions in a wide range of industries and applications and includes inventions relating to automotive components, brazing technologies, polymeric pipeline coatings and insulations, processes and equipment relating to mining and metallurgy, papermaking processes, medical devices and packaging products.
Prior to commencing his legal career Roland worked as a research chemist for a Canadian pharmaceutical company where he was involved with the development of laboratory and plant processes for drug production.
*Roland Joachim Professional Corporation
- B.Sc. (Honours Chemistry), University of Western Ontario (1986)
- LL.B., York University, Osgoode Hall Law School (1991)
- Barrister & Solicitor, Province of Ontario (1993)
- Registered Trademark Agent, Canada (1993)
- Registered Patent Agent, Canada (1994)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada – IPIC (Fellow)
- Canadian Bar Association – CBA
- Canada Law Book’s Canadian Patent Reporter – CPR – Editorial Board (Member)