- Due Diligence
- Industrial Designs
- IP for Start-Up & Early Stage Companies
- Licensing & IP Transactions
- Patent Prosecution
- Strategic Counselling, Opinions, & Intellectual Property Portfolio Management
Lei Gao is an associate at Ridout & Maybee LLP in the firm’s Toronto office. His practice is directed towards assisting in the drafting and prosecution of patent applications, with an emphasis on chemical, pharmaceutical, medical, and mechanical related technology. Lei has assisted Canadian entities to secure patent rights in Canada, United States, Europe, and China among others, and has assisted foreign entities to secure patent rights in Canada.
Lei also assists in patentability, Infringement, freedom-to-operate, validity opinions, litigation, and trademark matters.
Prior to joining Ridout & Maybee LLP, Lei worked for the Beijing office of an international law firm, where he prosecuted patents in China and various other jurisdictions, managed patent portfolios, participated in due diligence and opinion works related to patents, and assisted in litigation.
- B.Eng. (Polymer Materials), Sichuan University, China (1997)
- Ph.D. (Chemistry), University of Oregon, USA (2006)
- J.D., Vanderbilt University, USA (2010)
- Attorney at law, State of New York (2011)
- Barrister & Solicitor, Province of Ontario (2016)
- Registered Patent Agent, Canada (2019)
- American Bar Association – ABA
- Canadian Bar Association – CBA
- Ontario Bar Association – OBA
- IP/IT Section (Executive Committee)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada – IPIC (Associate)
- American Chemical Society – ACS
- Canadian Society for Chemistry – CSC
- Chinese (Mandarin)