Marcus Gallie is a partner of Ridout & Maybee LLP in the firm’s Ottawa office. Marc has over 20 years of experience helping clients protect inventions in the mechanical and electromechanical fields, as well as trademarks, industrial designs and related litigation.
He acts as counsel for clients in trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings, and related appeals to the Federal Court of Canada (Trial and Appeal Division). He has also acted as counsel for clients on trademark and patent infringement actions before the Federal Court Trial Division.
He is a frequent speaker and writer on intellectual property topics ranging from patent claim construction, to non-traditional trademarks, to law firm management. Marc is also the Editor-in-Chief of Canada Law Book’s Canadian Patent Reporter.
*Marcus Gallie Professional Corporation
- B.Sc., Concordia University (1981)
- M.Sc., York University (1984)
- LL.B., University of Windsor (1987)
- Barrister & Solicitor, Province of Ontario (1989)
- Registered Trademark Agent, Canada (1989)
- Registered Patent Agent, Canada (1992)
- LL.M., York University, Osgoode Hall Law School (2008)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada – IPIC (Fellow)
- International Trademark Association – INTA
- Patent Agents Examination Board (Past Chair)
- Canada Law Book’s Canadian Patent Reporter – CPR – Editorial Board (Editor-in-Chief)
- Editor-in-Chief, Canada Law Book’s Canadian Patent Reporter
- Contributor for Canada to Patents Throughout the World – West
- Contributor for Canada to Patent Claim Interpretation International – West
- Canada Chapter, Patent Claim Interpretation: Global Edition (Westlaw, 2013)