Partner* - Lawyer, Patent & Trademark Agent
Marcus Gallie is a partner of Ridout & Maybee LLP in the firm’s Ottawa office. Marc has over 20 years of experience helping clients protect inventions in the mechanical and electromechanical fields, as well as trademarks, industrial designs and related litigation.
He acts as counsel for clients in trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings, and related appeals to the Federal Court of Canada (Trial and Appeal Division). He has also acted as counsel for clients on trademark and patent infringement actions before the Federal Court Trial Division.
He is a frequent speaker and writer on intellectual property topics ranging from patent claim construction, to non-traditional trademarks, to law firm management. Marc is also the Editor-in-Chief of Canada Law Book’s Canadian Patent Reporter.
*Marcus Gallie Professional Corporation
- B.Sc., Concordia University (1981)
- M.Sc., York University (1984)
- LL.B., University of Windsor (1987)
- Barrister & Solicitor, Province of Ontario (1989)
- Registered Trademark Agent, Canada (1989)
- Registered Patent Agent, Canada (1992)
- LL.M., York University, Osgoode Hall Law School (2008)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada – IPIC (Fellow)
- International Trademark Association – INTA
- Patent Agents Examination Board (Past Chair)
- Canada Law Book’s Canadian Patent Reporter – CPR – Editorial Board (Editor-in-Chief)
Notice: Ridout & Maybee LLP assisting clients of G. Ronald Bell and Associates
Brexit and Your Intellectual Property: Is it Business as Usual?
Marcus Gallie Honoured as one of Canada’s 50 Best Lawyers for his Expertise in Patent Law
Marcus Gallie of Ridout & Maybee LLP named new editor of Canadian Patent Reporter
- Editor-in-Chief, Canada Law Book’s Canadian Patent Reporter
- Contributor for Canada to Patents Throughout the World – West
- Contributor for Canada to Patent Claim Interpretation International – West
- Canada Chapter, Patent Claim Interpretation: Global Edition (Westlaw, 2013)
Meet Our People
The lawyers and patent and trademark agents at Ridout & Maybee LLP bring both legal expertise and real-world industry knowledge to work for our clients. Many of our professionals were leaders in their technical field prior to working in intellectual property law, and hold advanced degrees and certifications.