- Industrial Designs
- Licensing & IP Transactions
- Patent Prosecution
- Strategic Counselling, Opinions, & Intellectual Property Portfolio Management
Giselle Chin is an associate at Ridout & Maybee LLP in the firm’s Burlington office. She assists clients ranging from individual inventors and entrepreneurs to large corporations in preparing and processing patent and trademark applications in Canada and the US, and in developing holistic IP strategies.
In addition to patent and trademark applications, Giselle provides opinions on patentability, infringement, validity and freedom-to-operate issues. She also represents clients in drafting complex IP licenses and agreements.
Giselle has experience in the areas of mechanical devices, nuclear medicine, medical devices, magnetic resonance imaging, drone technology, and artificial intelligence.
Prior to joining the firm, Giselle worked for a multinational law firm, in their intellectual property department.
In her down time, Giselle is an avid theatre buff and triathlete.
- B.Sc. (Medical and Health Physics), McMaster University (2009)
- M.Sc. (Regulation), London School of Economics and Political Science (2010)
- J.D., University of Toronto (2013)
- Barrister & Solicitor, Province of Ontario (2014)
- Registered Patent Agent, Canada (2018)
- Registered Patent Agent, United States (2019)
- Registered Trademark Agent, Canada (2019)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association – AIPLA