Ken Bousfield is a lawyer at Ridout & Maybee LLP in the firm’s Toronto office. Ken’s practice is principally directed toward prosecution of patent applications in the mechanical and electromechanical fields. As a practising patent lawyer for over 24 years and engineer for over 34 years, Ken also provides validity, infringement, and freedom to operate opinions. His practice has involved railroad rolling stock, consumer goods, and many kinds of industrial equipment and processes.
Ken has written on patent-eligible subject matter and speaks frequently on the origins and history of patent law, as well as on the history of technological innovation.
- B.A.Sc. (Mechanical Engineering), University of Waterloo (1984)
- P.Eng., Professional Engineer (1990)
- LL.B., University of Toronto (1992)
- Barrister & Solicitor, Province of Ontario (1994)
- Registered Trademark Agent, Canada (1995)
- Registered Patent Agent, Canada (1996)
- Registered Patent Agent, United States (1996)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association – AIPLA
- Canadian Bar Association – CBA
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada – IPIC
- Professional Engineers Ontario – PEO
- Who’s Who Legal: Canada – Patents (2019)
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (2019)