Ridout & Maybee LLP has extensive experience working with innovators in the medical devices sector. Our professionals have degrees and technical expertise that cover the mechanical, electrical, chemical and biological technologies that intersect in the medical devices industry.
We work with clients ranging from start-ups to large corporations, as well as universities and non-profits, to build and manage global IP portfolios.
Our experience includes:
- Patenting of ingestible circuit sensor pills
- Patenting of wearable biosignal detectors with alerting functions
- Patenting of cannulas and trocars
- Patenting of ocular scanners for detecting indicia related to Alzheimer’s
- Patenting of exoskeletons for user mobility
- Patenting of robotic-assisted surgery and endoscopic devices
- Patenting of biosensor software for monitoring anxiety
- Patenting of devices and techniques for magnetic resonance imaging
- Advising on licensing of technology related to laparoscopic surgery
- Advising on patentability of peripheral nerve block catheters
- Advising on patent matters involving CPR-assist devices
Have a question or need more information on intellectual property in the medical devices sector? Let’s talk – see which members of our team can help you get started.