Ridout & Maybee LLP is a leading Canadian intellectual property law firm serving the agricultural sector.
We represent top Canadian and international agricultural companies, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies, as well as universities, government agencies, industrial associations, and individuals. We are experienced in assisting these entities in securing, protecting, enforcing, and monetizing intellectual property.
Our professionals have degrees and decades of experience in plant agriculture, biochemistry, chemistry, biology, chemical engineering, molecular biology and genetics, biomedical engineering, and mechanical engineering.
We have patent drafting and prosecution experience in a wide variety of subject matter, including:
- Modified genes conferring desired characteristics to plants
- Gene transfer, expression, and modification methodologies for use in agriculture
- New process for converting agricultural waste to commercially viable products
- Modified cells conferring desired characteristics to plants
- Methods for modifying plant cells
- New methods for processing food products
- Plant breeder’s rights
- Machineries for use in the agricultural sector
- Fertilizer and pesticide nanoencapsulation technologies
Have a question for one of our professionals? See which members of our team can help you get started.