Ridout & Maybee LLP has offices in Toronto, Ottawa and Burlington, and consistently ranks as one of Canada’s top IP law firms in both Canadian and international surveys of in-house counsel.
We understand the business of innovation, and the vital role that IP plays in today’s competitive, market-driven economy.
The majority of our professionals have advanced degrees in science, engineering and IT – as well as law. This means we understand what our clients do, the industries they serve, and the way they do business. We know the key role that IP plays in their individual strategies for growth and success.
Do you have experience with trademarks? Are you currently looking for a new and challenging role with one of Canada’s oldest Intellectual Property law firms? Consider joining our team!
We are currently recruiting for a Business Services Clerk to join our team.
Under the general supervision of the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for providing administrative services and support to intellectual property professionals including the classification and renewal of Canadian trademarks.
Candidates interested in pursuing this opportunity will enjoy working in a highly technical and paperless environment.
We are currently looking for individuals who have the following qualifications:
- Post secondary education in the legal industry and/or three to five years of experience in intellectual property – specifically in the area of trademarks;
- Proficiency with MS Office and ability to learn new software and technology quickly;
- Excellent command of the English language with good grammar and communication skills – verbal and written;
- Detail-oriented, accurate and able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment with continually changing deadlines with minimum supervision;
- Works well with others in a team based environment with the ability to take initiative of their own work;
- Excellent typing and proof-reading skills;
- Adaptable, dependable and open to change;
- Reliable, punctual and present for work;
- Customer service oriented.
How to apply:
Applicants are kindly asked to forward their resume and cover letter clearly demonstrating their abilities for this role, to email@example.com. We thank all applicants in advance but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Ridout & Maybee LLP welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Ridout & Maybee LLP is an equal opportunity employer.