Intellectual Property Professionals
Joanna PitkinAssociate - Lawyer, Trademark Agent
Joanna is an associate at Ridout & Maybee LLP in the firm’s Toronto office. Joanna’s practice encompasses all aspects of trademark prosecution and opposition and she assists in all matters of intellectual property litigation.
Joanna obtained her J.D. from Osgoode Hall Law School in 2009. She was both a summer student and an articling student with Ridout & Maybee LLP. Upon her call to the Ontario Bar in 2010, she joined the firm as an associate in the Toronto office.
Joanna’s practice encompasses the creation, clearance, prosecution, opposition and enforcement of trademarks for Canadian and international clients. She also advises clients on advertising, marketing and branding strategies, including the review of consumer packaging, labelling and point of sale materials, contest and promotion review and competition law compliance.
Prior to attending law school, Joanna gained wine industry and related branding experience in a sales and marketing position with a respected Niagara winery.
Education & Qualifications
- B.Sc. (Hons. Physical Anthropology), University of Toronto at Mississauga (2001)
- J.D., Osgoode Hall Law School (2009)
- Barrister and Solicitor, Province of Ontario (2010)
- Registered Trademark Agent, Canada (2011)
- Canada Law Book’s Canadian Patent Reporter – CPR – Editorial Board (Member)
- Toronto Intellectual Property Group – TIPG (Member)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada – IPIC (Affiliate)
- Canadian Bar Association – CBA (Member)
- Ontario Bar Association – OBA (Member)