Intellectual Property Professionals
David GreerPartner* - Lawyer, Patent & Trademark Agent
David Greer is a partner at Ridout & Maybee LLP in the firm’s Toronto office. His practice is primarily directed towards patent drafting and prosecution, with an emphasis on electrical, mechanical, and computer related technology. He also assists clients in securing protection for their trademarks, copyright, and industrial designs, and advises clients on licensing and strategic intellectual property portfolio development and management.
David assists a wide range of clients, from start-ups to multinational corporations. Prior to joining Ridout & Maybee LLP, David was in-house patent counsel for a publicly traded wireless communication equipment provider, and worked with a law firm in Tokyo, Japan.
David was awarded the J. Edward Maybee and Marie F. Morency Memorial prizes for the highest standing in the Canadian Patent Agent examinations during his qualifying year.
*David Greer Professional Corporation
Education & Qualifications
- B.Sc. Eng. (Electrical), University of New Brunswick (1990)
- LL.B., University of Toronto (1994)
- Barrister & Solicitor, Province of Ontario (1996)
- Registered Patent Agent, Canada (1997)
- Registered Trademark Agent, Canada (1998)
- Registered Patent Agent, U.S. (1998)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada – IPIC (Fellow)
- Toronto Computer Lawyers Group – TCLG
- Canadian Bar Association – CBA