Intellectual Property Professionals
Colin C. ClimieAssociate - Patent Agent
Colin Climie is an associate of Ridout & Maybee LLP in the firm’s Toronto office.
His practice is principally directed towards the drafting and prosecution of patent applications. Colin’s practice has typically been rooted in the telecommunications sector, including network routing protocols, optical switching, wireless digital communication, cryptography, user interfaces and computer software.
Lately, Colin has enjoyed expanding his practice into Artificial Intelligence and, more particularly, into deep learning aspects of machine learning.
Outside of the office, Colin enjoys craft beer, live music and cycling long distances on gravel, not necessarily in that order.
Education & Qualifications
- B.Sc. (Electrical Engineering), Queen’s University (1989)
- M.Sc. (Electrical Engineering), Queen’s University (1992)
- Registered Patent Agent, Canada (2003)
- Registered Patent Agent, United States (2003)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada – IPIC (Fellow)
- Toronto Intellectual Property Group – TIPG
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers – IEEE (Senior Member)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association – AIPLA