Financial technology has emerged as a leading area of innovation as innovators and financial services providers take advantage of increasing computational capacity and leading edge technology to innovate new technologies in order to develop new opportunities and to provide clients with added security, convenience, and reliability. Ridout & Maybee LLP is at the forefront of this emerging field, working with start-ups, major financial institutions and everyone in between. Our firm provides support on all types of intellectual property matters, including advising innovators on best methods for protecting inventions, assisting with the prosecution of patents, litigation, providing counselling on intellectual property issues and managing worldwide intellectual property portfolios.
- Patenting of cryptographic technology
- Patenting of user authentication technologies
- Patenting technology that unifies interface between speech-based virtual assistant and text-based user interface
- Patenting technology that manages timing in automated real-time trading
- Advising on patent matters involving cryptocurrency
- Advising on patent matters involving credit-card transaction technology
- Advising on patentability relating to data management and data storage
Have a question or need more information on intellectual property in the fintech sector? See which members of our team can help you get started.