Critical Case Update: The Copyright Pentalogy from the SCC07/09/2012
Thursday, September 13, 2012 – 12:00 p.m. to 1:15 p.m.
Brad Limpert, of Ridout & Maybee LLP, will be speaking on the SCC Copyright Pentalogy at a teleseminar hosted by IP Osgoode and Osgoode Professional Development. The CLE webinar will cover such topics as:
- Sales by download – the Court’s finding that the internet is a “technological taxi”, and the implications of that interpretation
- Important confirmation of the treatment of streaming content. What will the future look like now?
- Critical new findings on Fair Dealing
- Clarifying the use of previously recorded music in film soundtracks
- Which previous copyright decisions are no longer good law?
- What the rulings mean for internet commerce and content
- Key issues that remain to be determined in future cases
- How will the new rulings mesh with the pending amendments to the Act?
- Split decisions: are rival camps developing? How stable is the current state of the law?