Opportunity – Support Staff (General)
Do you have intellectual property experience and are looking for a new challenge?
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Do you enjoy assisting others and working for an employer who has strong core values? Are you a confident user of technology and looking for an opportunity to grow your skills? Consider joining our team!
We are always looking for individuals to join our Intellectual Property (IP) support team in our Toronto, Ottawa OR Western GTA Offices.
Candidates interested in joining our Ridout & Maybee LLP family will enjoy working in a highly technical and paperless environment among some of the best professionals in the industry.
Those with IP experience may work in one of the following departments:
Assistants: Our Assistants support the practice of our professionals by ensuring deadlines are met, drafting correspondence, processing routine correspondence, filing Office Action Responses, billing clients, and much more.
Business Services Department: Our Business Services Team is responsible for a wide range of tasks including conducting conflict checks, records management, processing incoming correspondence, attending to the payment of Patent Maintenance Fees and Trademark Renewal Fees, and much more.
Filing Clerks: Our Filing Clerks assist professionals with the filing of Canadian, US, and Foreign Patents as well as Trademarks.
Formalities Clerks: Our Formalities Clerks support our firm’s Canadian practice of Patent, Trademark and Design work by reporting out Filing Certificates, Notices of Allowance, Registration Certificates, Letters Patent, Approval Notices and Advertisements. They are also responsible for paying Issue Fees and Request for Examination Fees.
If you have the following skills, and are interested in a new adventure, we encourage you to apply and have a conversation with our HR team. We welcome the opportunity to get to know you:
- More than three (3) consecutive years progressive experience in an Intellectual Property environment – either with Patents, Trademarks, IP Litigation, etc.;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel;
- Excellent command of the English language with good grammar and communication skills – verbal and written;
- Detail oriented, accurate, and ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision;
- Works well with others in a team based environment with the ability to take initiative of their own work.
- Post-secondary education in the legal industry;
- Bilingual – English and French;
- Knowledge of PATTSY, Open Text Document Management, eDOCS Edition (eDOCS DM), Enterprise Elite/Webview;
- Working in a paperless environment and using a document management system.
And, for those who work on the corporate side, we have the following departments which may be of interest to you:
- Credit & Collections
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume and a cover letter clearly demonstrating what types of roles you may be suited for to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ridout & Maybee LLP welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Ridout & Maybee LLP is an equal opportunity employer.