Opportunity – Credit & Collections Clerk – Toronto
Ridout & Maybee LLP has offices in Toronto, Ottawa and Mississauga, and consistently ranks as one of Canada’s top IP law firms in both Canadian and International surveys of in-house counsel.
We understand the business of innovation, and the vital role that IP plays in today’s competitive, market-driven economy.
The majority of our professionals have advanced degrees in science, engineering and IT – as well as law. This means we understand what our clients do, the industries they serve, and the way they do business. We know the key role that IP plays in their individual strategies for growth and success.
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Do you enjoy assisting others and working for an employer who has strong core values? Do have a passion for office administration? Consider joining our team!
We are currently recruiting for the position of Credit & Collections Clerk in our Toronto office. Under the general supervision of the Office Manager, you will be responsible for providing support to the Credit & Collections Co-ordinator.
The general responsibilities will include:
- Preparing statement of accounts, invoice copies and banking information for clients upon request;
- Communicating with clients and associates in a professional manner and maintaining excellent client relations throughout the collections process;
- Assisting the Credit & Collections Co-ordinator with collection of past due accounts;
- Preparation and maintenance of A/R Management reports such as the Credit Risk Report, WIP and A/R reports, accruals etc.;
- Providing timely, informative responses to both clients and firm personnel e-mail inquiries/phone messages;
- Reconciling E-billing client accounts monthly and reporting any missing invoices to E-Billing Clerk and Credit & Collections Specialist immediately;
- Uploading invoices to third-party software for all e-billing clients when primary clerk is absent;
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate the following skills:
- Three to five years experience in a finance environment, with an emphasis on credit and collections;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and proven ability to run reports, create databases, manipulate data etc.;
- Strong knowledge of general accounting principles;
- Prior experience processing e-billing through a variety of systems;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Outlook;
- Excellent command of the English language with good grammar and communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Detail-oriented, accurate and able to work under pressure with minimal supervision;
- Ability to meet deadlines and adapt to a constant changing work environment;
- Exercise good judgement.
Post secondary education in the area of Accounting or Bookkeeping is considered an asset.
Experience using PATTSY, Open Text Document Management, eDOCS Edition (eDOCS DM), Enterprise Elite/Webview and working in paperless environment is an asset and ARCS systems would be an asset.
Applicants are kindly asked to forward their resume and cover letter clearly demonstrating their abilities for this role, to email@example.com. We thank all applicants in advance but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Ridout & Maybee LLP welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Ridout & Maybee LLP is an equal opportunity employer.